Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mother's Day Cards and an intro to Photoshop Elements

First:  If you're related to me and a mother...don't read this.  Don't want to see your card early do you?

Hey girls,

Last night I took a card class at my local scrapbooking store and created some fabulous cards, including these two Mother's Day cards.   Love when I can learn new techniques while making cards for special occasions.




I just loved learning how to make a fabric flower.  To make it, cut a 12 x2 inch piece of fabric.  Then fold it lengthwise (think hot dog), and sew the two sides together lengthwise again at the end, using a running stitch.  Then pull it tight and knot it up.  Now, if you sew, this is so fast and easy.  I don't.  Not only did I have to ask what a running stitch was, I think I stuck myself, oh say, 12-15 times...  The girls around me were laughing at me.  But it was worth it and I can't wait to buy some fabric and try it again.  

I also ran across a great link I wanted to share with you.  Paper Craft Planet just put an Introduction to Photoshop tutorial video on the website.  I know a few friends are thinking about trying out digital scrapbooking, so this might be a good place to start.

Well, that's it for me.  Hope everyone has a great Thursday.  The weekend's just around the corner...

Denise

5 comments:

kmassman said...

Fun cards! I think I would be right where you are with poking yourself with the needle! Thanks for the heads up on the Photoshop tutorial. :-)

Jackie said...

Don't worry I can't sew either ;) I have to ask my 13 yr old daughter to do it for me.

Betty Anne said...

Really cute cards Denise. I enjoy taking classes to when I get a chance. Not only is it nice to get to learn new techniques its also nice to get a chance to visit with other scrappers.

Marlene said...

Adorable cards. Love your little "warning" up front! Heehee!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the photoshop tutorial. Is that photoshop or photoshop elements? Guess I should head over to PCP and check it out, eh?!

Have a fabulous weekend!

gram cheryl said...

Great cards and congrats to you for stepping out and learning a new skill. I used to attach these to clips and barrettes for Christine when she was little!

Share It

>